hands-on Software Engineer (SWE)
• Pursuing a BS/MS or PhD degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
• Have experience in programming in C/C++/C#, Java and/or other computer programming languages preferred
• Solid basic knowledge on computer science, rich experience in project development
• Good understanding of hardware and wireless system would be a plus
• Excellent problem analyzing and solving skill
• Good team work spirit
• Be responsible and proactive
• Good oral and written communication skills in English
1.Customer Issue Resolution & Responsiveness
- Drive the communication with the customer to ensure the customer has confidence on problem resolution provided by Microsoft.
- Technical support to Microsoft Enterprise Premier Customers across the APGC region.
- Resolve critical issues
- Represent Microsoft and achieve high customer satisfaction.
- Use trace, protocol analysis, and other sophisticated tools to analyze problems.
- Act as the second tier support to take the escalation and solve the customer issue from subsidiary.
2.Effective Communication & Collaboration
- Identify the right resource to collaborate with for tough & political hot problem.
- Collaborate with cross-group peers both proactively and reactively.
- Produce quality documentation and share with the appropriate team members and tech lead as appropriate.
3.Training & Readiness
- Identify current knowledge deficiencies/training needs, as well as potential future needs.
- Make effective technical presentations, both internal and external.
- Provide documentation and mentoring to others within your technical specialty.
- Meet with your manager to assess and adjust the plan as needed to match mid- and long-term career plans.
- Adhere to published queue or call back schedule and be available for on-call duty, as necessary.
- Use appropriate documentation and utilization and / or labor tracking methods to account for time.
- Manage and prioritize your workload while keeping team members and management appropriately informed.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects per management request or business need.
• Strong verbal English skill. Professional written English skill is required.
• Excellent communication skill and service skill are expected. Have strong capability of handling tough situations.
• Self-motivation, responsible, team work spirit, good cross-team collaboration skill.
• Passionate for technical support and Microsoft technology
• Honest, proactive and willing to help others
• Willing to learn and take challenges
• Familiar with one or more of the following technology areas will be plus:
- Enterprise Network architecture design and implementation
- Operating System knowledge
- Win32 application development (C, C++, C#, .NET, VB.NET, VB, VC++, OLE, COM/DCOM, CORBA, Delphi, c++builder and etc.) and basic computer knowledge (thread, process, data algorithm, etc.)
- Inter/Intranet application development (IIS, IE, ASP, ASP.NET VBscript/Jscript, VJ++, Java, HTML, AJAX, Websphere, Apache)
- E-commerce Application development (SSL, Public-key, Certificate Server, Authenticode, CryptoAPI, Digital Certificates, Kerberos, Smart Cards Technologies)
- Database knowledge